Sunday, February 24, 2013

2013 Inter Insular Cross Country

Sunday 24th Feb - Footes Lane, Guernsey.
On a freezing cold day with flurries of snow, the Guernsey team set about the continuance of the dominance of Guernsey endurance running over our Channel Islands counterparts - the Crapauds.  In true Guernsey donkey style the men's team stubornly kept a firm grip on the 'Boots' trophy with a 1-2-3 setting up a comprehensive 20th consecutive win.

Steve Dawes did the honours in leading the team home, Mike Wilesmith was just 20 seconds clear of me in second and I took third.  I was the only member of the Guernsey winning team from 1994 running which I can be quite proud of.  I felt great on the day and wish I had perhaps tried to hang onto Mike a little longer on the early laps as not much changed after half way.

Not to be out done the women also did a 1-2-3 with Louise Perrio leading Sarah Mercier and Nat Whitty to the clean sweep.

My children Katie & Alex won their respective races and we had a good showing of junior team results.
Next up for my athletes and children - Inter Counties XC in Birmingham on 9th March 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment