Thursday, May 9, 2013

Early season road races

Now I am dropped down to Div2 I am a bit more competitive - in my first race of the year - 6 laps of Reservoir I was able to get off the front of the group a few times, bridge across to a break, but it was only the last lap attack with Paul Brehaut that stuck.  We worked together well until my legs blew and then I drfited back and he hung on for the win, whilst I just about sprinted to stay clear of the bunch - see first picture.

Second road race of the year was Liberation Day and 6 laps of L'Eree with the big boys.  After a 'neutralised' first lap things took off and the Div 1 riders and Nathan Gosling disappeared up the road.  The Div2 bunch broke up a few times and again only the last climb of the Imperial caused the last selection.  This time despite great work from Dave Crosland we could not dislodge Chris Le Page who duly went on to win the sprint from our bunch and the Div2 prize - I was third.

Fab photos from Serena Tremlett.  Top - working with Dave Crosland on the Imperial Climb - Liberation Day, bottom sprinting for 2nd on the Reservoir


No comments:

Post a Comment